1.1. These terms and conditions (referred to as "T &Cs") govern all the users of this website (referred to as "user", "you" and "your") that:
• have placed a Job application on POL’s Application Tracking System (referred to as “POLATS”) via the website: www. jobs.phillipsoutsourcing.net (referred to as “the website”);
• have accessed the POLATS via the website;
• have been advised that applications submitted in respect of the position advertised in the relevant job placement on the website will be stored on your behalf within the POLATS; and
• have utilised any features of the website with respect to services offered through the POLATS.
1.2. Your access to and use of the information, materials and services provided on this website is conditional upon your acceptance and compliance with the T&Cs.
1.3. Depending on what level of service you choose, there may be other terms that govern your relationship with POLATS in conjunction with these T&Cs.
1.4. This website and all associated property and right is owned and operated by Phillips Outsourcing Limited, a company duly registered under the law of the Federal Republic of Nigeria and the Republic of Ghana (referred to as "POL", "we", "us" and "our").
1.5. Your continued use of this website will be deemed as acceptance of these T&Cs by you.
2. Variation of Terms
2.1. POL may vary these T&Cs at any time. Where POL varies these T&Cs, it shall cause same to be published on the website.
2.2. You accept that by using the website after the publication of any variation(s) under these T&Cs, POL has provided you with sufficient notice of the variation to its T&Cs.
3. Intellectual Property Rights
3.1. POL retains and exercises all intellectual property rights subsisting in any of the services and contents provided to you on this website.
4. Limitation of Liability and Disclaimer
4.1. POL maintains this website to provide information about the company, its staff, and the services being provided to clients, partner entities, statutory bodies or the public at large. The materials on this website are for the purpose of information and do not constitute any contractual relationship between Phillips and the persons accessing or receiving information through this website.
4.2. In the course of carrying out its business of recruitment, selection, onboarding of candidates, and management of employees for its clients across different sectors of the Nigerian economy, POL advertises job vacancies through this website, print, electronic, and social media directly without using agents or third parties.
4.3. POL shall not at any time and under any circumstances require prospective candidates to make any payment to undergo its recruitment and selection processes.
4.4. POL will not be responsible or answerable to any candidate who directly or indirectly makes any payment through cash, cheque lodgement or bank transfers to any body or any third party purportedly on its behalf.
4.5. POL does not warrant the accuracy, completeness, quality, adequacy or content of any information on this website. Such information is provided “as is” without warranty or condition of any kind, either expressed or implied.
4.6. POL will not be responsible or liable for any direct, indirect, special, incidental, or consequential damage, or any other damages whatsoever, including, without limitation, lost revenues, lost profits or loss of prospective economic advantage, resulting from the use of or misuse of or inability to access or use this website.
4.7. POL accepts no responsibility or liability for any errors in your advertisements and you must check your advertisements for errors as soon as they are placed on the website.
4.8. POL agrees to use reasonable efforts to publish advertisements in the shortest possible time.
4.9. POL cannot and does not guarantee you that files available for downloading through the website or delivered via electronic mail through the website, or features and products available through the website, will be free of infection or viruses, worms, Trojan horses or other code that manifest contaminating or destructive properties. You are responsible for implementing sufficient safety procedures and checkpoints to satisfy your particular requirements for accuracy of data input and output, and for maintaining a means external to the website for the reconstruction of any lost data.
4.10. POL acts only as a medium through which individuals seek employment opportunities. POL does not vet, nor is it responsible for vetting candidates or the representations made by them whether oral or in writing - including those representations appearing in candidates' resumes.
4.11. POL provides no warranty to you that services generally available through the website will be uninterrupted or error free. Except where we are unable to exclude our liability by legislation, we, our officers, employees, agents, and contractors will not be liable in any way to you or anyone else for any loss or damage, however it arises (whether in contract, negligence, or otherwise) out of or in connection with your access and use of this website.
4.12. In the case of services and contents supplied or published via/ or on the website, liability for breach of any express or implied term which cannot be excluded by legislation, is limited at our option to either, the supply of the type of services or published contents.
4.13. Our limitation of liability under these T&Cs applies to direct, indirect, consequential, special, punitive or other damages that you or others may suffer, as well as damages for loss of profit, business interruption or the loss of data or information, even if we are informed of their possibility.
4.15. POL reserves the right at all times, without the need to have to provide any notice to you, to alter the functionality and/or appearance of its products and services available from POL or the website itself, including but not limited to advertisements on the website and/or as they are represented on mobile communication devices.
5. User’s Obligation
5.1. You warrant and agree that:
- (a) you have the legal capacity and power to agree to be bound by these T&Cs and perform the obligations under them;
- (b) advertisements and other works posted on the website do not breach the intellectual property rights of any third party;
- (c) all files delivered to POL will be free of infection or viruses;
- (d) you will not use the website for any illegal purpose;
- (e) you will not use the website or any features of the website or products offered on the website to upload, download, transact, store or make available data that is unlawful, harassing threatening, harmful, tortious, defamatory, libellous, abusive violent, obscene, invasive of another's privacy, racially or ethnically offensive or otherwise in our opinion objectionable or damaging to POL, the website users or persons generally;
- (f) if you have engaged a third party provider to obtain data and/or obtain services from the Site on your behalf, you understand that a breach of these T&Cs by that provider will be deemed to be a breach of the relevant T&Cs by you, and POL will have the right to take action against you on account of that breach (even if you had no knowledge of, and no involvement in, the said breach); and
5.2. You shall not assign or transfer any rights and obligations pursuant to these T&Cs to any other person or entity without POL's prior written approval (which will not be unreasonably withheld). If you are a company, any change in your effective control shall be deemed an assignment for the purpose of this clause.
5.3. You indemnify and will keep indemnified POL, its officers, employees and agents against all claims, actions, suits, liabilities, actual or contingent costs, damages and expenses incurred by POL in connection with:
- (a) any breach of these T&Cs by you;
- (b) any negligent act or omission by you;
- (c) an actual or alleged breach by you of any law, legislation, regulations, by-laws, ordinances or codes of conduct which occurs as consequence of the your use of the website.
5.4. You agree at all times to deal with any information or contents provided by POL or accessed from the website in a manner which abides by all applicable laws of Nigeria, or of any other relevant jurisdiction (including, without limitation, privacy and copyright laws).
5.5. Except as otherwise permitted under these T&Cs, you shall not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute in any way any material from this website including code and software.
5.6. You shall not use data mining, robots, screen scraping, or similar automated data gathering, extraction or publication tools on this website (including without limitation for the purposes of establishing, maintaining, advancing or reproducing information contained on our website on another website or in any other publication), without POL's prior written approval.
6. Authority to exploit and use of data/ Access
6.1. By using this website, you expressly authorise POL to store, retain and use all information, data, subjects and applications submitted in response to the relevant advertisement and contents within the POLATS.
6.2. Your access to the POLATS (and the functionality contained therein) will be via a secure login username and password issued to you by POL (the Password). And you shall be responsible for:
- (a) providing POL with your true and accurate information pertaining to your identity and any other related subject or information as may be required on the website; and
- (b) ensuring that any Password provided to authorised users is kept secure and confidential.
6.3. You are responsible for the use of the Password issued by POL to enable users to gain access to the POLATS, whether the use is by authorised users or any other person. Any act or omission by an authorised user in respect of the use of the Password and/or the use of the POLATS that breaches these Terms will be deemed a breach of these T&Cs by you.
7.1. POLATS will use reasonable endeavours to ensure that the POLATS is available for access by authorised users at all times. Notwithstanding this, POL and its third-party service providers may be required to undertake maintenance and upkeep of the POLATS from time to time. POL will endeavour to limit any 'downtime' period.
Questions or suggestions arising from this policy should be directed to: email@example.com
All information regarding a job offer is from sources deemed reliable. No representation is made as to the accuracy thereof, and such information is subject to errors, omission, and change of details without notice.
2. POL’s Privacy Statement
Phillips Outsourcing Limited (referred to as “POL”), a company registered under the laws of the Federal republic of Nigeria and the Republic of Ghana, to carry on the business of personnel outsourcing and ancillary businesses, through recruitment, selection, onboarding of candidates and management of employees seconded to our esteemed clients across different sectors of the Nigerian and Ghanian economy. POL is very sensitive to privacy issues. Any user information we collect is considered private and we do not use, or share it except as permitted herein, without the user's permission. We use this personal information at POL to:
(a) provide the best quality service possible. This privacy statement applies only to information collected by web addresses in the website: jobs.phillipsoutsourcing.net which is hereafter referred to POLATS. We believe it is important you know how we treat the information you may provide to us.
3.1. This Statement has been prepared by POL.
3.2. POL owns and operates the Application Tracking System via the website located at www.jobs.phillipsoutsourcing.net
(across desktop, mobile, tablet and apps and including any subdomains) ("the website” or “POLATS”). This Statement discloses our information gathering and dissemination practices for the website.
3.3. Users who log on to the website, but do not create an account are referred to generically in this statement as "users" or "you".
3.4. Users who register on the website to obtain services offered by POL are referred to as "Registered Users". Unless the context provides otherwise, references in this Statement to "users" or "you" include references to generic users and Registered Users.
3.5. POLATS means this website and every application connected to the use of this website.
3.6. POL means Phillips Outsourcing Limited, any of its subsidiaries, partners, associates, successor in title, and clients.
4. Information Collected by POL
4.1. POL collects user information from several areas of the website without limitation (including the 'Membership Registration' area) to which sections of the website are most frequently visited, how often, and for how long. Data are always used as aggregated information, and may be shared with POL’s partners, clients, associates, assigns, subsidiary and/ or regulators to provide them with information relating to how POL’s visitors 'use' of the webiste.
5. IP Addresses & Cookies
5.1. POL tracks the IP address of a user's computer or place a "cookie" in the browser files of a user's computer. This is required by POL’s services to provide automated features. IP address and cookie log data is analyzed to better understand traffic flows and user preferences.
6. Collecting information on POL’s Registered Users
As part of registering with POL, we collect personal information about Registered Users in order for Registered Users to take full advantage of POL's services. To do this, it will be necessary for Registered Users to provide additional information to POL.
Registration on the website is completely optional, but you need to register on the website in order to submit a job application. To become a Registered user you will need to submit some personal information including, but not limited to your email address, identity, Curriculum vitae, address, contact details, certification and etcetera. You may access your information at any time by or after signing into the website.
6.2. Storing your Curricullum Vitae
Registered Users may elect to store their Curricullum Vitae (CV) in their 'My Account' area and use the CV when applying for a job. Deleting a CV from the 'My Account' area will mean it is no longer accessible to the Registered User. Deleted records may still be stored by POL in testing or backup systems for a period of time.
6.3. POLATS Profile
All Registered Users have a personal profile ('POLATS Profile') upon successful registration. A POLATS Profile can include but not limited to Curriculum Vitae, personal information, employment and educational history, contact details, minimum salary expectations, skills, preferred job specializations and locations. Advertisers or clients are able to search POLATS’ Profile database to find and contact relevant and suitable candidates.
Registered Users can modify their CV at any time, or modify their personal, education and work experience details in relation to their POLATS Profile at any time, by going to the Profile area of the website.
6.4. Use of Information Collected
6.5. Online Applications
- (a) Collected information helps POL understand its users' needs better, in order to improve its product and service offerings.
- (b) Personal information may be used to contact users for the purpose of research, product development, marketing, or customer service, if the user has opted to receive such communication.
- (c) POL may make personal information on CVs as well as other supplied information available to recruiters on a need basis where the intended use is to make available job opportunities to users.
- (d) POL will not be held liable for any alternative use of such information by any individual or organization.
- (e) User search activity is collected and analyzed and may be utilized by POL in the aggregate or in the abstract for a variety of business purposes.
1. Making an online application to a job advertisement on the website is a free service that requires registration (to become a Registered User). Job applications require users to complete mandatory fields (first name, last name, phone, email, location, year of experience and latest employment) so that the Advertiser can identify and contact the applicant. Registered Users have the option of easily applying with a saved CV and uploading a cover letter.
2. This information may also be disclosed to POL’s service providers and contractors from time to time who assist us to deliver our products and services.
3. By applying to a position advertised on POLATS you are requesting that POL pass the information to the relevant clients. Any questions you have relating to a position advertised on POLATS, your online application and/or the status of your application should be directed to POL. POL's role in the online application process is limited to forwarding your online application to the Advertiser, and storing it on their behalf (if requested to do so).
6.6. Use of Email Tools
Upon registration, you may decide to subscribe for some offerings e.g. news, promotional materials. If you no longer wish to receive our newsletters and promotional communications from POL, you may opt-out of receiving them by following the instructions included in our newsletters, communication materials, or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
6.7. Opt-Out Policy
1. We offer visitors to the website a means for controlling the use of session information. If, at any time after registering for information or ordering our services, you change your mind about receiving information from us or about the use of information volunteered by you, please send us a request specifying your new choice to the email: email@example.com
2. To opt out of marketing or promotional emails, please either click 'unsubscribe' in the body of the email communication or go to edit your POLATS profile.
6.8. Shared information:
1. POL makes every possible effort to preserve user privacy; we may, however, need to disclose personal information when required by law or in the process of conducting our business transactions.
2. POL does not sell, rent, or lease user information to any third party, except stated otherwise (such as is in the case of CVs). While POL endeavors to ensure the highest level of standards with a similar respect for user privacy, POL cannot be responsible for losses or damages that can result from a third party.
6.9. Security of personal information
1. POL takes every reasonable precaution to secure personal information within both its computers and its physical premises.
2. The security of your personal information is central to POL. We follow global industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and receipt. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
3. If you have any questions about security on our Web site, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
6.10. POL’s Partners & Advertiser
POL discloses and/or makes available online applications to third parties and/or their nominees. The use of your information (personal or otherwise) by these third parties is not within the control of POL and we cannot accept responsibility for the conduct of these companies. This is also the case in respect of POLATS Profile that has been provided by POL to an Advertiser in accordance with the paragraph above, 'POLATS Profile'.
6.11. Data Transfers
Sometimes, we transfer information to 3rd party contractors including persons outside Nigeria. By giving us your personal information, you consent to such disclosures. Where we transfer information to persons outside Nigeria we believe that the recipients of such information are subject to a law, binding scheme or contract which effectively upholds principles for fair handling of the information that are similar in all material respects to international laws.
6.12. Changes to personal information
1. Creating and using a profile on POLATS, requires you to share with us your personal information (e.g. email address, and mobile phone number).
2. Because we respect your privacy and are committed to protecting your personal information, we will provide you with options to modify any of the personal information that you provided us when setting up your profile.
3. Should you wish to completely delete your profile, send an email to email@example.com with a clear Subject line, from the email that belongs to the profile which you wish to be deleted and at least a reason to why you would want your profile deleted.
6.13. Changes to this Privacy Statement
2. POL reserves the right to modify this privacy statement at any time, so please review frequently. If we make material changes to this policy, we will notify you here, by email, or by means of a notice on our homepage.